The Internet has become an important part of our life. Who can know this thing better than people living in lockdown because of the Corona virus? While the Internet makes many of our tasks easier on the one hand, through this, many types of criminal incidents can be carried out which are harmful to us. Cybercriminals and hackers are constantly trying to break into the personal and financial data of the users.
These days, Chinese hackers are going to a cyber attack on Indian users in the face of tension between India and China. In such a situation, before using the internet you have to protect yourself so that our personal data is not hacked. Today we are going to tell you about what to do and what not to do while using the Internet.
What to do before using the internet
- First of all, if you are going to open any website (whether you are paying for bills or banking service) then always check the URL of the website, it should start from https, which shows that this website Connected to a secure connection.
- Before creating a password, make sure that it is unique and difficult so that no one can crack it easily. Have a different password for each online account. Also, keep the combination of upper case, lower case, number and special character in the password.
- Never use your primary email address for social media sites.
- Maintain secondary email addresses for social media sites.
- Never use free Wi-Fi, unsecured WiFi connection for shopping and banking.
- If you do not use an account, delete it.
- Find out the software and website hosting before downloading any free software. Make sure that the connection of the website publishing the software is secure.
- When using online banking, keep in mind that you have typed the URL manually. Never open a bank account through a link found in an email or message.
- Avoid downloading any attachment in the email, even if the email is from a non-source.
- Keep a regular backup of your important files. By doing this, any ransomware attack can be avoided. For this, you should always back up your required documents to an external drive.
What not to do while using the internet
- Do not share any of your information on public platforms such as social media.
- Do not check to Keep Me Login or Remember Me while logging in to social media or any account in the browser.
- Do not use official e-mail for social media sites.
- Never use your date of birth, name, address, mobile number etc. to create a password.
- Do not respond to any pop-up ads. To close these ads, go to the task manager through the Ctrl + Alt + Del button and block the pop-ups.
- Avoid visiting any unsafe and fake website unless you are fully aware of that website.
- Always log out of your online accounts after work.
- Do not install any software that comes through the email attachment on your PC.
- Do not save your credit card or debit card information in the web browser.
- Do not share your personal and banking details with anyone via phone or email or SMS.